Can hypnotherapy increase your psychic abilities? Reader request.

/, Nevada, Uncategorized/Can hypnotherapy increase your psychic abilities? Reader request.

Can hypnotherapy increase your psychic abilities? Reader request.

After watching “Stir of Echoes” starring Kevin Bacon, one of my regular blog readers asked me to look into the connection between hypnosis and psychic abilities. In the movie, Bacon’s character, Tom, becomes psychic after his sister-in-law hypnotizes him. Viewers learn at the end of the movie that Tom had been very intuitive as a child, but built walls between him and his abilities to protect himself.

Noted hypnotherapist Mary Elizabeth Raines, a past life regression specialist, believes hypnosis is one of the best ways to access and deepen your intuition. All you need is a desire to seek out that knowledge. See her self-hypnosis tips  on accessing your intuition.

Reno-based, clinical hypnotherapist Dan Kimm, a student of Raines, can see why hypnosis would work, though he’s never had a client come in to enhance a sixth sense. “Hypnosis releases fears and engages new behavior. Hypnosis makes you more aware of your surroundings,” he says.

So if you had been an intuitive child and then lost your sensitivity as an adult, fear could’ve been a factor in your closing up. “Through hypnosis, we can explore the point in your life when you were very intuitive. Working together, we can make that feeling stronger.”

This therapy also helps you access more of your brain. If you possess some psychic ability, hypnosis can probably strengthen it. “We are all radio stations. Some are just better at receiving messages than others,” he says.

Looking back on his youth, Kimm can point out psychically sensitive episodes in his life, such as the time he saw his deceased grandfather drive past him while he was jogging. Later that day, his mother told him it was the third anniversary of his grandpa’s passing.

Since he’s worked in hypnotherapy, his own psychic sensitivities have heightened. He’s particularly in tune when those he cares about cross over–he can sense who passed and when it happened. In addition, if there’s a song Kimm hasn’t heard in a while, he’s found he can make a silent request to hear it on the radio. He says the song plays shortly afterward.

“I think we need to be open to intuitive abilities,” Kimm says. “Energy survives. It cannot be destroyed. It makes sense we can tap into those energies. We all need to trust the voice from within.”

Dan Kimm can be reached at mylifechangestoday(at)gmail(dot)com.

Read about how my psychic senses developed after I spent the night in the haunted Goldfield Hotel: “A Reluctant Spirit.”

By | 2012-10-10T11:22:05+00:00 October 10th, 2012|Intuition/Psychic Ability, Nevada, Uncategorized|30 Comments

About the Author:

30 Comments

1. Sharon Leong October 10, 2012 at 7:28 pm - Reply

Provocative – you’ve provided much food for thought, Kathleen!

2. Tony October 10, 2012 at 8:15 pm - Reply

I’ll look for that movie, haven’t seen it. This post brought to mind The Mothman Prophecies.

• Kathleen October 10, 2012 at 8:33 pm - Reply

Ahh, we just saw Mothman Prophecies a couple weeks back. Great movie!

• Tony October 10, 2012 at 8:36 pm - Reply

I can’t go over a bridge without thinking of that movie. Matter of fact, freeway underpasses get me thinkin’ as well.

• Kathleen October 11, 2012 at 8:06 am - Reply

Glad there are no big bridges like that here in Nevada! I think whenever it’s my time to go, it’ll happen. I don’t worry about death any more, especially since I’m convinced that the essence of who I am (my soul) will continue to live on. Sorry to get so philosophical on you, Tony. 🙂

3. Tony October 11, 2012 at 9:22 am - Reply

Its okay, Kathy. If nothing else, Im philosopical. Every now and then I’ll wake up in the deep of night, and the death seems so profound. I work through it, and without taking up a lot of space here, it comes down to not so much being fearful of death, but of not living a life with purpose. Writer’s malaise, I suppose.

• Kathleen October 11, 2012 at 2:33 pm - Reply

Interesting, Tony. We all need to remember to live each day fully. Thanks.

4. Pambradbury November 14, 2012 at 4:10 am - Reply

This post is really enjoyable and I found your blog very impressive thanks for sharing nice reading for the psychic abilities.

Do Online psychic chat With Pam

5. Psychic Readings November 28, 2012 at 2:27 am - Reply

I am a permanent blog reader of psychic reading. I have read your blog and found this a lot of interesting stuff in it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts hope to see the next update soon.

• Kathleen November 28, 2012 at 8:17 am - Reply

Thank you for visiting my blog. Have a great day!

• Kathleen November 28, 2012 at 8:57 am - Reply

I forgot to mention that a new segment posts each Wednesday. Thanks again!

6. Jimmy January 18, 2013 at 3:30 am - Reply

Good psychics always seek to increase psychic abilities, that is for certain. Some use meditation, some use mantra repetition, and some apply tarot card readings. Each clairvoyant is different.

• Kathleen January 19, 2013 at 10:51 am - Reply

Good point. Thank you for visiting, Jimmy.

7. David Parke February 23, 2013 at 9:52 am - Reply

Thanks a lot for sharing this useful and attractive information and I will be waiting for other interesting posts from you in the future.
    Have you tried this site? http://www.newyorkpastlife.com

8. psychic abilities March 27, 2013 at 12:34 am - Reply

This is very important information to put out to the public.
    Thanks so much for clarifying this, because so many people think that gypsies are psychics.

• Kathleen March 27, 2013 at 8:48 am - Reply

You’re very welcome. Thank you for visiting my blog.

9. Sumant Kaul January 15, 2014 at 5:31 am - Reply

Yes It is possible. I am a hypnotherapist and I heal many people.

10. sumeet kaul January 16, 2014 at 2:27 am - Reply

ya it is possible i also a nlp and hypnotherapy trainer i heal many people as like same

11. Emmerey Rose August 3, 2016 at 7:21 pm - Reply

Great article. I do believe fear is a big factor especially to children losing their sensibility when growing up. But this is the first time I have read about hypnosis and psychic abilities having a connection. I have a read a lot about tarot and meditation though. Which of these do you think helps most?

• Kathleen August 3, 2016 at 8:54 pm - Reply

Thank you for visiting my site and reading my post, Emmerey. For me, meditation has been key in my personal growth. Taking the time to silence my brain and open to the Universe has helped me feel comfortable with the spirit/heavenly realm. Before meditation, I surrounded myself with noise (starting as a child). Now, I recognize that I did this because I was sensitive and picking up information, but was fearful because I didn’t understand it. The more noise in my life, the more I could stifle my psychic abilities. I’ve had no experience with Tarot, so I don’t really have any tidbits to share with you in that regard.

• Emmerey Rose August 8, 2016 at 8:49 pm - Reply

Thanks Kathleen for responding. Helps a lot!
        Is there a way I can follow you on Facebook or any social media account you have? I’m interested with what you are doing. Would love to see updates from you.

12. Claudia Prana January 4, 2017 at 11:39 pm - Reply

Thank you for your article. I found this useful.

Claudia Prana, developing psychic abilities

• Kathleen January 5, 2017 at 7:13 am - Reply

Thanks, Claudia. Have a great day.