You may not realize the contributions you make to my life, but you’ve touched me. I appreciate you for one or more of the reasons listed below:
Thank you for
- Civilly disagreeing with me as you help me to better understand your perspective
- Sharing your diverse beliefs—spiritual and cultural—that allow me to see the humanity in everyone.
- Asking questions that invite me to further explore my beliefs and opinions
- Rankling me as it makes me aware of what I need to work on in my own life
- Trusting me with your stories and your vulnerabilities as I honor your experience
- Unconditionally loving me as you hold me up when I’ve beaten myself down